Hot Springs Village Job Openings
RECREATION DEPT.: FACILITY AND EVENT MAINTENANCE
Part Time Position – 15 – 18 hours per week. Primarily working at the Coronado Center keeping premises of the building in clean and orderly condition. Set up tables and chairs for meetings, janitorial duties, and making coffee/tea, etc. Must be able to work well with the public and work independently without supervision. Must be at least 18 years of age. Requires moderate to heavy lifting. Benefits include half price golf fees and at other recreational amenities and free use of the Coronado Fitness Center. Applications will be accepted through Wednesday, March 22, 2017. E.O.E.
Job Title: Facility and Event Maintenance
Reports To: Director of Recreation Operations
FLSA Status: non-exempt
Approved By: Director of Lifestyle and Community Development
Pay Grade: 03
Approved Date: 11/20/13
Keeps premises of all Recreation community center buildings in clean and orderly condition. Provides set up, tear down, and support for events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Intereact with patrons in a positive friendly manner.
- Support team members by completing daily tasks.
- Sets up rooms, tables, equipment, coffee, etc. in accordance with patron requests within rules and capabilities of the center.
- Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms and other work areas.
- Cleans and polishes lighting fixtures, floor surfaces, and trim.
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, vacuums and polishes floor.
- Cleans carpets, upholstered furnitures, draperies, blinds and folding doors.
- Washes walls, ceiling and woodwork. Washes windows, door panels, and sills. Mops floors.
- Empties waste baskets, removes trash and takes out garbage daily. Use blower to clean outside of facility when necessary.
- Keeps kitchen clean at all times to pass Health Department inspection and have a thorough knowledge of the use of all kitchen equipment and kitchen rules.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies. Replaces light bulbs.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the rules of POA facilities and ability to enforce them in a polite and courteous manner.
- Regular attendance is required.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Employee must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays and be able to work independently without supervision.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in building maintenance. Must have experience or willing to learn the use of audio-visual equipment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Requires a valid Arkansas drivers license and a clean driving record with proof of liability insurance.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb or balance, and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and work from a 12 foot step ladder.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.