Hot Springs Village Job Openings
RECREATION DEPT: BEACH PATROL
Seasonal Position 20-30 hours per week, April – September: Will monitor beach activity, maintain a family friendly atmosphere and ensure policy compliance at multiple Hot Springs Village beaches. The beach patrol program is seasonal in nature, but may include off-season events as assigned and deemed appropriate by the Director. Must have good public relations skills and be willing to work evenings, weekends and holidays. Deliver outstanding customer service and be able to tactfully enforce policy for all patrons without creating conflict. Have a thorough knowledge of beach rules and regulations. Benefits include half price golf fees and at other POA amenities and free use of the Coronado Fitness Center. Applications will be accepted through Friday, April 28, 2017. E.O.E.
Job Title: Beach Patrol
Reports To: Beach Patrol Program Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Pay Grade: 03
Approved By: Director, Lifestyle and Community Development
Approved Date: 12/23/2015
Summary: Beach Patrol will monitor beach activity, maintain a family friendly atmosphere and ensure policy compliance at multiple Hot Springs Village beaches. The beach patrol program is seasonal in nature, but may include off-season events as assigned and deemed appropriate by the Director of Lifestyle and Community Development.
Requires valid Arkansas driver’s license and clean driving record with proof of liability insurance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure a family friendly beach environment for members, their guests and community visitors.
- Enforce community policies at beaches, recreational facilities and common property supporting recreational activities.
- Deliver outstanding customer service, making every effort to accommodate patron needs.
- Have a thorough knowledge of beach rules and regulations, and appropriate standing policy in the community.
- Must be able to discern the difference between normal beach behaviors and potential disruptive and/or harmful activities.
- Must be able to tactfully enforce policy for all patrons without creating conflict.
- Must be able to discern policy violation from criminal activity and quickly refer appropriate actions to law enforcement agencies.
- May be called upon to assist with other recreational programs within the Recreation Department.
- Assist in planning and developing beach programs and activities for adults and youth.
- Maintain a safe, clean area or location at all times
- Collect fees and other monies for outdoor recreation amenities to include kayak rentals, aquatic equipment, etc., as assigned.
- Report to supervisor any safety materials needed or maintenance concerns.
- May be required to drive P.O.A. vehicle or personal vehicle while conducting P.O.A. business
- Any other related duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Regular attendance is required.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience To perform this job successfully, an individual must have an interest in outdoor recreational activities. Must have good public relations skills. Must be willing to work evenings, weekends and holidays. Must have good interaction skills with property owners and visitors. Experience in policy enforcement, recreation management, and/or water safety is preferred.
Language Skills Ability to read a limited number of two-and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Mathematical Skills Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Reasoning Ability Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one-or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables. Ability to apply given standard operating procedures.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations Requires a valid Arkansas driver’s license and clean driving record with proof of liability insurance. Must be willing to enroll in classes that may be required for certification, certification will be required in CPR and Standard First Aid.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must be able to swim in a proficient manner. The employee may be required to operate a standard kayak with a Personal Flotation Device (PFD) at the Beginner to Intermediate level.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Will be required to work outside in all types of weather conditions seasonally.