Hot Springs Village Job Openings
Part Time Position- Receives and seats guests at the restaurant facility, while ensuring that guests are given friendly, attentive and efficient service in the dining room. Maintains reservation book, takes incoming telephone calls, notes reservations and special requests by guests. Assists with side work and/or assisting service staff with bussing tables, taking cocktail orders, etc. Must be able to work nights, weekends or holidays and be knowledgeable of Microsoft Office applications. Applications will be accepted through Thursday, April 27, 2017. E.O.E.
Job Title: Hostess
Department: Food and Beverage
Reports To: Food and Beverage Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Pay Grade: 02
Approved By: Chief Operating Officer
Approved Date: 03/03/2017
Summary Receives and seat guests at the restaurant facility, while ensuring that guests are given friendly, attentive and efficient service in the dining room.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Welcomes each guest with a smile and friendly greeting and escorts guests to their assigned table.
- Controls the flow of work in the room by seating guests in station rotation while maintaining guest lists and following and enforcing check issue procedures.
- Assigns opening and/or closing side duties. Supervises side work and ensure completed lists of set ups of all stations before departure of service staff.
- Maintains reservation book, takes incoming telephone calls, notes reservations and special requests by guests.
- Remains knowledgeable of all menu items, prices and general service procedures.
- Responsible for standards of appearance and cleanliness in all service areas.
- Remains visible on dining room floor, and is easily accessible to guests, staff and management.
- Checks all tables daily, before service to ensure proper settings.
- assists with side work and/or assisting service staff with bussing tables, taking cocktail orders, etc.
- Communicates guest requests and concerns to the department manager.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends or holidays.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education/Experience High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates/Licenses Alcohol Awareness Training.
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences
- Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job (e.g. the associates may be required to communicate with English speaking customers or co-workers, the manuals for the equipment the associates may use are in English).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of point of sales system.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently stands, walks, talks and hears. The employee occasionally sits, reaches with arms and hands, tastes, smells, climbs, balances, stoops, kneels, crouches or crawls. Occasionally uses hands. The employee regularly lifts up to 10 pounds.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics describes here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.