Hot Springs Village Job Openings
Part Time Position- Serves guests food and beverage items in a prompt, professional and courteous manner. Attends food service area, takes cash receipts, prepares food for sale, and keeps food service area in a clean and orderly fashion. High School degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience. May be required to work nights, holidays and weekends. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Applications will be accepted through Thursday, April 27, 2017. E.O.E.
Job Title: Food Server
Department: Food and Beverage
Reports To: Food and Beverage Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non exempt
Pay Grade: 02
Approved By: Chief Operating Officer
Approved Date: 03/03/2017
SUMMARY Serves guests food and beverage items in a prompt, professional and courteous manner. Attends food service area, takes cash receipts, prepares food for sale, and keeps food service area in a clean and orderly fashion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides immediate attention to all guests upon seating.
- Describes specials of the day to guests. Answers questions regarding any menu item and offer suggestions of menu items when appropriate.
- Takes food and beverage orders from guests and delivers food to guests promptly after preparation.
- Follow-up with guest to ensure satisfaction. Replenishes items as needed.
- Participates in pre-shift meetings.
- Maintains organized workstation and side work duties.
- Accountable for checks and cash transactions. Utilizes Point of Sales System.
- Follows established systems for taking, placing, and delivering orders.
- Follows established standards for greeting, beverage service, food delivery, and general service techniques.
- Practices tray service for all food and beverage service.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Performs other duties as required.
- May be required to work nights, holidays and weekends.
- Prepare and submit daily closing reports as required.
- Follow all P.O.A. policy and procedure.
- Regular attendance is required.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Must be meet current age requirements for handling alcoholic beverages.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; to talk and hear using good communication skills. The employee frequently is required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.