Hot Springs Village Job Openings
FOOD AND BEVERAGE SUPERVISOR
Part Time Position- Oversees all food and beverage service operations. Provides efficient service to our guests with superior professionalism and courtesy. Assists the department director with training, development, and implementing customer service standards. Directly supervises food and beverage personnel. Must be at least 21 years of age and requires valid driver’s license and safe driving record with proof of liability insurance. Applications will be accepted through Thursday, April 27, 2017. E.O.E.
Job Title: Food and Beverage Supervisor
Department: Food and Beverage
Reports To: Food and Beverage Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Grade: 03
Approved By: Chief Operations Officer
Approved Date: 03/03/2017
Oversees all food and beverage service operations. Provides efficient service to our guests with superior professionalism and courtesy. Assists the department director with training, development, and implementing customer service standards. Responsible for hiring and scheduling food service attendants for each POA managed food service facility. Schedules, orders and maintains inventory for food service sales; and keeps food service area in a clean and orderly fashion. Requires valid driver’s license and safe driving record with proof of liability insurance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures guests are attended to in a prompt, efficient, and personalized manner.
- Acts as a liaison between wait staff and the kitchen staff to ensure timely and appropriate communications.
- Ensures that the food and beverage facilities are kept clean, well stocked and organized. Checks the maintenance of all equipment in the restaurant and notifies the Director of needed maintenance and repair.
- Assures all side work is completed, including all cleaning of equipment and storage areas.
- Assists in coordinating special functions with the Director.
- Assists Food and Beverage Director in performing and maintaining food and beverage inventory.
- Assists with conducting pre-shift meetings to review specials, menu changes, house counts, etc.
- Assists in the completion of revenue reports, production reports, and other reports as needed
- Performs daily activities to include: serving tables, bussing tables, seating guests, room service, and other general clerical/cashier duties
- Assists the department manager in interviewing, training, planning, assigning, and directing work. Make recommendations when hiring, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates.
- Addresses complaints and resolves problems
- Assists in the coordination of department members that may include, but is not limited to: Hosts, servers, expediters, and cashiers.
- Assists in monitoring business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs, and other expenses.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid drivers license with a safe driving record. Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Supervisory Responsibilities Directly supervises food and beverage personnel. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees. Also responsible for scheduling workers to cover operating hours.
Education and/or Experience
High school degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; to talk and hear using good communication skills. The employee is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.