Hot Springs Village Job Openings
BALBOA GOLF MAINTENANCE. – GREENSKEEPER
Full Time Position – Year around. Minimum 18 years of age. Must be mechanically minded with the ability to work with power equipment (riding and non-riding) and hand tools to cut and trim grass and other related golf course maintenance jobs. Moderate to heavy lifting required. Must be able to safely operate walk-behind mowers for long distances over an extended period of time. Must be able to work in outside weather conditions, both in hot summer months and cold winter months. Must have ability and willingness to work weekends and holidays as needed and scheduled by the superintendent. Applications will be accepted through Friday, March 24, 2017. E.O.E.
Job Title: Golf Course Greenskeeper I
Department: Golf Course Maintenance
Reports To: Golf Course Superintendent
FLSA Status: non exempt
Pay Grade: 03
Approved By: Director of Golf
Approved Date: 11/20/13
Maintains grounds and turf of golf course in playing condition as directed by Maintenance Supervisor by performing the following duties. Requires valid Arkansas drivers license and clean driving record with proof of liability insurance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Mowing greens, raking sand traps, loading and unloading fertilizers and pesticides as directed by a qualified employee. Perform maintenance duties as directed by superintendent or assistant.
- Operate maintenance equipment in a safe and orderly manner; reporting any and all equipment deficiencies.
- Connects hose and sprinkler systems at designated points on course to irrigate turf.
- Digs and rakes ground to prepare greens, grades and cleans traps, and repairs cart paths.
- Plants, trims, and cares for trees and shrubs.
- Wear and maintain all safety clothing and equipment as required.
- Cleans equipment and work areas daily.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with staff and property owners.
- May be required to drive POA vehicle or personal vehicle while conducting POA business.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regular attendance is required.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Must be able to work weekends, holidays and overtime and must be 18 years old or older.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be able to work with power equipment and hand tools.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Requires a valid Arkansas drivers license and clean driving record with proof of liability insurance.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.